Pet Restriction Policy
The following animals are not permitted:
- Any animal whose adult weight will exceed 25 pounds
- Dogs of the pit bull, rottweiler, chow, or boxer breeds
- Ferrets or other animals whose natural protective mechanisms pose a risk to small children of serious bites or lacerations
- Any animal not permitted under state or local law or code
Number of Pets
Residents may own a maximum of 1 type of pet only.
- In the case of fish, residents may keep no more than can be maintained in a safe and healthy manner in a tank holding up to 10 gallons. Such a tank or aquarium will be counted as 1 pet.
- In the case of birds, a resident may keep a maximum of 2 birds and must be in a cage at all times.
- Dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered at the time of registration or, in the case of underage animals, within 30 days of the pet reaching 6 months of age. Exceptions may be made upon veterinary certification that subjecting this particular pet to the procedure would be temporarily or permanently medically unsafe or unnecessary.
- Pets must be licensed in accordance with state or local law. Residents must provide proof of licensing at the time of registration and annually, in conjunction with the resident’s annual